What We Do
BAWSI provides powerful interventions for the most vulnerable children in our communities in the form of ACCESS©. Our programs focus on proven factors that help increase resiliency in children living with adversity.
Click image to view larger.
Resiliency means bouncing back from adversity.
Our Core Values
While the work we do is incredibly important, we believe how we work is equally important. These values shape our culture, our teams, and our environment, and remind us of our BAWSI-est behaviors.
“A servant-leader focuses primarily on the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong.”
Robert K Greenleaf
a state of active, open attention on the present
working together so the joint project is richer and fuller than individually possible
zeal and passion with devotion
filled with high spirit and fun
Gratitude for every opportunity
thankful and appreciative in finding the gift in each situation
BAWSI DEI Statement
On our BAWSI team, everyone plays and everyone belongs.
On our playgrounds:
• We respect our teammates
• We listen to and learn from each other
• We empower each other with our words of the week
As a staff:
• We listen to and learn from our community
• We support our community beyond the playgrounds
As a board:
• We deliberately build our Board with diverse perspectives, talents, and life experiences
• We dedicate 3 Board seats to community members
• We learn together through our annual book club on relevant topics for the children we serve
With our volunteers:
• We create opportunities for high school and collegiate athletes to serve in local neighborhoods
• We encourage our volunteers to use their platform as athletes to promote equity
• We promote understanding and respect for differences