BAWSI mobilizes the women’s sports community to
Engage, Inspire, and Empower
girls in under-resourced neighborhoods and children with disabilities.
Find out more
Active Lives. Empowered Futures.
served in the Bay Area
on BAWSI playgrounds!
the BAWSI magic!
BAWSI Co-CEO Search
BAWSI is looking for a new Co-CEO! We’re looking for candidates with:
- A keen passion for play equity,
- Significant leadership experience in community-based organizations or corporate environments,
- A proven track record of revenue generation,
- Shared BAWSI values of servant leadership, authenticity, mindfulness, integrity, collaboration, enthusiasm, playfulness, and gratitude.
This is a part-time role – three days per week that includes one overlap day with BAWSI’s Co-CEO, Dr. Dana Weintraub.
A weekly, free after-school sports program for girls in under-resourced communities that harnesses the power of sport as a tool for leadership development.
A weekly adaptive fitness and confidence-building program that offers fun and accessible physical activities to girls and boys with physical, hearing, and cognitive disabilities.
BAWSI Girls Long Term Impact Study
As we expand our girls specific programming to middle and high school through our Leadership Accelerator, we sought to understand the long-term impact of the BAWSI Girls program on our earliest participants.
- Graduate from high school at higher rates than their peers
- Play high school sports at higher rates than their peers
- Exercise more as young adults than national averages
- And more
BAWSI’s Leadership Accelerator
BAWSI’s Leadership Accelerator expands our programming to middle school and high school girls with a focus on
- sports participation
- career exposure